Saturday, August 4, 2007

When it rains...

Turkish tummy has struck again, me its unfortunate victim. The cramping began yesterday afternoon. By night time, the gurgling in my lower intestines had started. This morning, the real fun began to unfold. The worst part about all of this (aside from the incredible loss of fluids) is that I had plans to go to the beach today. Not just any beach either -- an island beach 1.5 hours by ferry from the city. But I refuse to go until I get a gurgle-free hour from my stomach and I am beginning to fear that's not going to happen.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what I ate to do this to me. The only "different" thing I ate yesterday was half a meringue cookie from the local bakery. Certainly a few grams of egg whites and sugar couldn't do this? Not taking any chances, I threw out the other cookie half.

Not worth it.

No comments: